About me, my plot and my endeavor to turn it into something
with the help of the kids..

Sunday 23 March 2014

First Thing In Ground...

On the 23rd of Feb 2014 we had the ceremonial planting of our very first thing, a blackcurrant bush that seems to have some very healthy growth on it so well see. Alongside it we planted another 7 asst soft fruit bushes...



Three of my little army of helpers watching and asking how soon it will be before they can pick berries and make jam...



The soil is a bit rough and ready but I'll rake it and weed it as necessary, try to give them the best start with my very limited knowledge. The good thing is that the kid's are keen as are their parents so we will all learn as we go...








 So that's another bit of a catch up on what's happening on the plot, will hopefully keep going and maybe even get up to date soon...
Today here we've had horrendous storms, hail, wind and rain so not been down there today but checked all the seedings and took delivery of the new to us Free-Cycle greenhouse - but more on that later...

Take care and happy hoeing...

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...